75 minutes or more recommended
Families are encouraged to bring their infants in up until they are able to crawl or five months of age. Receiving a massage while snuggling with baby is a wonderful bonding experience. Massage soothes mommy and baby, keeping them calm, thereby reducing chance of fussiness during session. Positioning on the massage table varies from side-lying, either face up or face down, or sitting, all depending on the comfort and needs of the client.
Benefits of postpartum massage:
- Increases the bond between parent and baby
- Reduces fatigue
- Decreases pain from new demands placed on body:
- Nursing, bending, lifting, and carrying baby
- Helps ease pain while mother's body recovers
- Aids the process of eliminating
- hormones released during labor
- medications possibly given during birth
- hormones released post labor
- Accelerates physical healing
- Supports emotional healing and decreases depression commonly known as "baby blues"